At the Law Office of Robert L. Starr, we are committed to getting justice for the buyers of new and used motorcycles that turn out to be lemons. As motorcycle enthusiasts ourselves, Attorney Robert Starr and members of his staff are sensitive to the concerns that riders face every day on the road.
If you have purchased a new or pre-owned motorcycle that you suspect is a lemon, contact our office for a free California lemon law consultation.
When It Comes to Motorcycles, There is Little Room for Error
Motorcycle lemon law is different from auto lemon law. It involves a different set of defects, and safety is a huge issue.
When it comes to motorcycles, many kinds of failure can lead to serious injury or death. There is little room for error: Having the check engine light come on in your car is one thing, but ignoring a check engine light on your motorcycle can be fatal.
Motorcycle Lemon Law Issues
Generally, motorcycle lemon law issues can be divided into three main groups:
- Mechanical problems, including issues involving head gaskets, starter clutches, loss of power, front end vibration, sporadic idle and defective fuel pumps
- Design defects, including defects that cause swaying
- Service problems, such as when a motorcycle is taken in for repair but not fixed within a reasonable time
Let Us Handle Your Motorcycle Lemon Law Concerns
Both California Lemon Law and federal consumer warranty law protect motorcycle riders who buy a new or used motorcycle and who experience problems during the warranty period. The law offers the following remedies:
- The manufacturer repurchases the motorcycle from you.
- The manufacturer replaces your motorcycle.
- You can receive a cash settlement, which may include repair supervised by the manufacturer’s representative.
If you believe that your motorcycle is a lemon, contact the Law Office of Robert L. Starr today for a free California lemon law case evaluation.